+ With Stars In Our Eyes
+ Prouparnasse Band AU
+ "The One" by Kiera Cass
+ Teen Wolf S3b
+ Mad Men S1
“I’d never sit here and pretend to be a figure of morality because I’m absolutely not. What I do see myself as is a mascot for kids who feel weird or out of place.”
Musical Meme: 10 Musicals → Next To Normal
“What happens if the cut, the burn, the break was never in my brain, or in my blood, but in my soul?”
Percy Bysshe Shelley and Lord Byron.
Byron: Alas! poor Shelley – how he would have laughed – had he lived, and how we used to laugh now & then – at various things – which are grave in the Suburbs. – You are all mistaken about Shelley – – you do not know – how mild – how tolerant – how good he was in Society – and as perfect a Gentleman as ever crossed a drawing room; – when he liked & where he liked.
Shelley: I have no other news to tell you, my dear Lord Byron, unless you think this is news: that I often talk, and oftener think, of you; and that, though I have not seen you for six months, I still feel the burden of my own insignificance and impotence; as they must ever forbid my interest in your welfare from being put to the proof. Adieu.
at the Dallas Theater Center. So tired but OH MY GOSH.
-SET IN MODERN DAYS! COPS. POLICE BRUTALITY. GUNS AND EXPLOSIVES AT THE BARRICADE. Riot shields. Caution tape set up after the barricade fell. Hearing their radios reporting as they stepped over the students’ dead bodies. It was chilling.
a picture is worth a thousand words
so when jehan has writer’s block, grantaire will draw a picture and jehan has to write a thousand words about it
and when grantaire is art blocked, jehan writes a thousand words and grantaire has to draw something that encompasses it
just. jehan and grantaire being fellow artists and helping each other out
okay but, imagine what courfeyrac’s instagram would be like.
#selfie selfie selfie with combeferre selfie selfie picture of enjolras reaction to enjolras getting mad selfie selfie ABC stuff #selfie selfie cat pictures for a mile selfie selfie paintings on jehan’s face selfie selfie group photo #series of selfies in all of his friends glasses #selfie selfie (via subcourfeyrac)
modern day shakespeare adaptions that should exist
- southern gothic macbeth. the bloody, brutal themes of the play in the suffocating atmosphere of the genre. the imagery of lady macbeth’s hands dripping with blood! the witches! macbeth’s madness when he believes the swamp has actually come to life to kill him! it’s like it was made for this play
- political othello. make him secretary of defense or state. imagine a house of cards like environment. addresses issues of current racism and misogyny in politics, and Iago’s jealous/obsessive love for Othello with very clear homo-erotic undertones. like extremely explicit and how that translates in such a masculine setting to understand Iago’s intent.
- police hamlet. hamlet senior as the deputy in nyc. his mysterious death draws his son home from stanford/harvard/what-have-you. a modern day noir-like detective mystery. emphasis on ophelia’s depression and subsequent decent into madness by popping too many pills. the way the “respectful” upper-class tear themselves apart splashed all across the media.
- the tempest as lost.
- titus andronicus as a proper horror movie, set in the current war in the middle east.
- college midsummer nights dream. the fairyland is a popular night club. lots of dubstep music and drugs slipped in dark corners of the dance floor.
All of Gavroche’s friends think he’s so cool for having all these twenty-something friends with cars and jobs and flats but whenever they gush about how cool they are he just sighs because they are literally the lamest people he has ever met and he doesn’t know why they are actually allowed to have cars and jobs and flats
"all they do is yell about politics and kiss each other when they think no one is watching!"